Saturday, December 13, 2008

SICP: Solutions to Exercises and Notes

I started my sabbatical in early July 2008 with the aim of working through the Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, exercises and all. I have completed the first three chapters at the time of writing this. So far I have been posting notes at the end of each chapter. I'll now start putting up my solutions to the exercises and any notes/questions I have.

All the exercises have been written in MzScheme using DrScheme. DrScheme's implementation of MzScheme worked straight out of the box for most purposes. The only serious tweaking I had to do so far was to add a macro for the cons-stream operation required in chapter 3. The code for this macro was borrowed from the PLT Scheme mailing list.

2 comments:

Esteban Is Swimming said...

Thanks mate!

Esteban Is Swimming said...

Hi there,
thanks for posting these exercises.
I am interested in the Section 3.3 mutable data. But cannot execute your code. I am running DrScheme In Module. I've installed MzScheme but cannot see the language in DrScheme.

Can you help? Been through the manuals from PLT...

Cheers, monchichi